When purchasing semen please include the date you need it in hand and provide AT LEAST 14 days for delivery.
ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION CLINICS
YOU MUST ORDER 10 DAYS PRIOR TO AI CLINICS
TO MAKE SURE WE CAN SHIP TO YOU IN TIME FOR THE CLASS.
BIO-Genics, LLC offers a two day, on-location, clinic for the instruction of correct caprine artificial insemination technique. This class is basic enough in its format for the new herdsman, and yet offers technical and practical applications for the veterinarian. AI clinics are taught all over the United States “on-location” at individual farms, Universities and club sponsored events. A complete instruction on the Artificial Insemination of goats is what can be expected when participating in a BIO-Genics, LLC clinic.
The clinic is conducted in an open forum format to allow all participant’s questions to be addressed. In an effort to insure maximum quality of instruction and plenty of one-on-one training, each clinic is limited to just fourteen participants.
Your first day is spent in a classroom environment learning:
- The effects of management, stress and environmental influences on AI success
- Proper feed, care and management of AI candidates and semen donors
- An overview of semen abnormalities and stress related conditions of cells and their affects on viability
- Basic instruction on the doe’s hormonal processes during estrus and the hormonal effects causing the condition of “rut” in the buck
- Basic anatomy of both the female and male caprine reproductive tract and how fertilization occurs
- The selection of appropriate AI candidates
- Effective record keeping
- Proper storage and thawing techniques of frozen semen
- Available AI equipment, its proper care and suggested use
- hands on training in the operation and practical applications of AI tools and equipment
The second day all attendees must provide their own A.I. Equipment for use during the class and a doe, in heat, for insemination and effective hands-on training. During this session, the application of techniques learned in day one of the clinic will be put into action.
Our office will be glad to assist you with the selection of your AI equipment, supplies, and/or semen for use during the class. All purchases should be ordered well in advance of attending the class to insure timely delivery. Please telephone our office at (208) 756-6500 to place your order and for suggestions on how to bring your doe into season for optimum fertility during the hands-on portion of the class. Attendee’s are expected to have these items for class.
Class Time: 9am to 6pm each day
Advance Booking Deposit: $200 (Non-Refundable) Applied to Total Clinic Cost
Option 1: 10 (Ten) or fewer participants $950 Total cost for up to 10 participants
Option 2: 11 – 14 participants $1,250 Total Cost for up to 14 participants
NOTE: Travel costs and related expenses for the Bio-Genics staff is an added cost as well as the recommended AI kit and semen costs.
Please telephone our office at (208) 756-6500 with any questions you may have on hosting a clinic or contact one of these Hosts to attend an already booked class:
Sept 28 & 29, 2024
Vennango County Fairgrounds
867 Mercer Rd
Franklin PA 16323
November 4-5, 2023
Spring City, UT 84662